Featured post

Change the Way You Think about Food

Change the way you think about food Change the way you talk about food Control the food you eat and get healthy Lose weight and...

Friday, 26 August 2016

How scales can help you lose weight

How scales can help you lose weight

Yes it's 60kg not 603 ha ha and the .3 is the mobile phone I'm using to bend over and take the shot.
I started at about 78kg a few years ago and have now lost about 18kg.

I thought I should mention some things about using your scales to help you on your weight loss journey, which were a help to me.  One author I noticed had told her clients to throw them away entirely but I think they can be a useful motivation tool, when used correctly.  It takes longer to lose a couple of sizes and see the room in your clothes.  How you look in the mirror and feel is the most important of course.

Here are a few suggestions to keep in mind when looking at scales to see how you are going -
  • weighing yourself about once a week is helpful (twice if you like)
  • I do it in the morning before breakfast at the same time of day
  • if you do it too often it could become obsessive and frustrating
  • wearing the same sort of light clothes (like my PJs) will help accuracy
  • using your own scales at home is cheaper and reduces variations
  • its ideal to lose weight gradually if you want to keep it off
  • don't expect to weigh what you did when you were young
  • aiming to lose in stages of a few kilos at a time is easier to deal with
  • make your goal realistic in the healthy weight range for your height
  • if you reach a plateau don't give up, try changing your lifestyle
  • cutting down on fat and sugar and moving more is the best way
  • see my first ten posts this year for an overview of how I did it


BarbeJeffs@hotmail.com
WL4MBS











No comments:

Post a Comment