Featured post

Change the Way You Think about Food

Change the way you think about food Change the way you talk about food Control the food you eat and get healthy Lose weight and...

Saturday, 20 August 2016

Be Inspired by the Olympic Games

Be Inspired by the Olympic Games

I always love watching the Olympics and look forward to it each time it comes around again.
This morning I saw the host nation, the Brazilians, finally win their first men's soccer gold medal and go absolutely crazy celebrating it. 

I remember being able to watch their team play back in 2000 when one of the games was played in Brisbane.  I myself never made the soccer team, probably just as well as I'm not that sporty really.  However we can all benefit from getting into some form of exercise or competitive sport, whatever turns you on and gets you moving.

A regular exercise routine doesn't have to exhaust you or hurt.  Even activities like walking and yoga, which is what I do, are excellent ways to stay healthy.  Also dancing, which I do if the weather isn't the best, is a fantastic means of exercise and fun.  You could play a sport and combine exercise and team work if that's your thing.  Find something that works for you.

Some of the benefits of exercise include -
  • a healthy functioning body
  • increased metabolic rate
  • burning some fat
  • lean muscle mass
  • cardio endurance
  • getting well internally
  • general sense of well being
If you want to share your thoughts about the Olympics or sport go ahead in the comments section or email me.

BarbeJeffs@hotmail.com
WL4MBS

No comments:

Post a Comment