Featured post

Change the Way You Think about Food

Change the way you think about food Change the way you talk about food Control the food you eat and get healthy Lose weight and...

Sunday, 31 July 2016

Breakfast is important to start your day right

Breakfast is important to start your day right


It's important to kickstart your system and start your day the right way by giving your body what it needs.  (this doesn't mean skipping breakfast and just buying a coffee from a cafĂ© on the way to work - for a hit of caffeine and a hit to your purse too)

Here are some of the things I like to have these days for breakfast to start my day -

  • A glass of water to rehydrate again after sleeping (plus my vitamins)
  • A cup of tea (low caffeine) with skim milk and no sugar
  • Cereal like rice bubbles or oats (porridge) with rice milk - can add fruit like banana

I've cut out the orange juice I used to have after my doctor finally convinced me its too concentrated and a sugar hit (even without added sugar).

I tend to steer away from wheat and corn now due to hearing about intolerances and GMO's (genetically modified food).

Everyone has their own preferences of course and it takes time plus trial and error to find what works for you.  Also after a while I like to try different foods for variety and to make improvements.

Let me know if you have any tips or experiences you'd like to share.


BarbeJeffs@hotmail.com
WL4MBS




No comments:

Post a Comment