Featured post

Change the Way You Think about Food

Change the way you think about food Change the way you talk about food Control the food you eat and get healthy Lose weight and...

Saturday, 25 November 2017

Staying active and getting outside more


Staying active and getting outside more

I recently went on a walk with a women's group by the seaside to a local pier and back.  It took us about an hour in the late afternoon. The time went by quickly chatting and enjoying the scenery in the breeze.  I regularly walk around my local area in the afternoon and sometimes go to the seaside but its nice to share a longer walk with others now and then.

I heard a couple of reports recently about Australians habits so I thought I'd mention them on here:

The first one mentioned how Australians tend to spend 90% of their time indoors.  One of the down sides of this is that some inside and home furnishings can be bad for our health and immunity.
Apparently one thing you can do is add a plant which improves the air by 25%, but getting outdoors more often is also a good idea.

Another report said that 9 million Australians are inactive.  I saw a couple of examples of remedies:

Victoria Secret model Kelly says she walks about 30 klms a day to be ready for the runway shows.
Luckily we don't have to go to these lengths, but a regular 30 minute walk is available to most of us.

Runners who participate in the Park Run project at their local park find that hits the spot for them.
You can find out more information on the following site under "Free and Active".

Happy walking or running

BarbeJeffs@hotmail.com
WL4MBS

No comments:

Post a Comment